Hong Kong - March 29, 2018 – Eastasiasoft Limited, the independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment, is excited to launch the action-packed underwater cute-em-up Aqua Kitty UDX from UK based developer Tikipod Limited for Nintendo Switch on April 5th. The game can now be pre-ordered on the Nintendo eShop in Japan.
Aqua Kitty is a high res 2D pixel drawn arcade shooter, created with a love of the 16-bit gaming era and late 80s video arcade games. The game supports three thrilling game modes, 2 player local co-op, online leaderboards and an in-game achievement system.
In the game’s story, due to a sudden mysterious shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix. You and your team of international milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk. Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.
Aqua Kitty UDX is fully localized in Japanese and will be available at ¥980 (including tax). Players can enjoy a special 10% launch discount on purchases made on or before April 12th.
About Aqua Kitty UDX
AQUA KITTY UDX blasts onto Nintendo Switch in this enhanced Ultra Edition including an all new epic Dreadnought mode!
You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.
Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.
The additional Dreadnought mode takes you deep down into the Meowiana trench. There you must fly through and destroy huge multi-screen enemy craft, whilst rescuing imprisoned kittens.
- CLASSIC MODE - work your way across the sea map, defending milk mining kittens from all manner of mechanical sea monsters. Beware the large enemy Bosses which guard the end of each sea area.
- ARCADE MODE - is similar to CLASSIC but adds in an upgrade shopping system based around collecting green gems which can be exchanged for upgrades.
- DREADNOUGHT MODE - takes you deep down into the deep Meowiana trench... there you must fly through and destroy huge multi-screen enemy craft, whilst rescuing imprisoned kittens.
- 2 PLAYER LOCAL CO-OP - play solo or with a friend!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS - compare your score rankings against friends and others.
- CAT-CHIEVEMENTS - an in-game achievement system.
- DEPTH based weapon generation system, allowing you to tactically choose which powerup is spawned and where.
- ENHANCED graphical upgrades and improved gameplay balancing.
Eastasiasoft Limited is an independent, Hong Kong–based developer and publisher of interactive entertainment specializing in video games and related media. Founded in 2007, eastasiasoft has published a diverse variety of titles in digital and physical format. Eastasiasoft is a licensed PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One publisher. Some of eastasiasoft’s recently licensed and published games are Ghost Blade HD, Reverie, Rainbow Moon and the Söldner-X franchise.
Based in London UK, Tikipod Ltd has been an independent games development company since 2009 and is run by Dugan Jackson. Previously released titles include Iron Crypticle and Rock Boshers DX.