Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please sound off if you still visit (to fans)

Please sound off if you still visit (to fans) 5 months 9 hours ago #8713

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
Oh man, sorry that you were ill. :( I hope you’ve recovered from that now.

But I will definitely take a look at your channel for a second play-through, if you decide to do so. Also, please feel free to also contribute to the wiki, I will try to do so, as well. It’s one of the reasons I would like to see the forum active again for the game to have ‘wiki-talk’ in giving information the best and most consistent way on the wiki.

At least I think there is still going to be a wiki. They (EAS) did indicate one would be put up for Rainbow Skies, but it was awhile back.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please sound off if you still visit (to fans) 2 months 3 weeks ago #8789

• Asimb0mb
  • Fresh Boarder
I just want to add to this thread by saying that the main reason I personally haven't been around in the forums is because there really isn't much to talk about to begin with. I haven't played Rainbow Moon in the last two years because I'm too busy with other games and life in general, while I feel like Rainbow Skies has been in development hell for the last two years, so why talk about it?

I remember when we used to have a release window of 2015 and back then I was still really hyped to play Skies. 2015 had passed and there was no sign of the game. After that, we got a 2016 release window, so I became a bit more hesitant to get hyped. And yes, sure enough, 2016 had passed and still no release. Then we got a first half of 2017 release window. Nothing, again. So here we are, still no sign of the game coming out anytime soon.

At this point, I'm very skeptical, because I feel like I've been burned too many times by optimistic release windows. I'll buy this game on day one, but my hype died years ago. By now, I don't really care if the game comes out or not. If it does, I'll just have one more game to play. If it doesn't, nothing is lost for me. It's not like I won't have anything else to play if Skies doesn't come out.

Perhaps this clears up why the forums are dead. There really isn't anything to discuss. Rainbow Moon is an old game by now and Skies still doesn't seem anywhere near release. It'll probably just be a 2018 game or something. Meh.

Don't give up on the forums though. I will probably be back on here when the game releases to discuss certain elements of the game and give my constructive feedback for future patches (if necessary), so I'm sure many will follow.

On a different note, I sure hope Skies doesn't turn out to be another Lost Sea in the sense that there's very poor marketing surrounding it. I have no proof to back this up, but I feel like the game bombed pretty badly because it wasn't promoted that well. Also, the reviews were very mixed and I think the people who found out Lost Sea existed were too daunted by the reviews to buy the game. I haven't bought the game myself, because I'm not the type of person to buy something simply to support the creators while the product itself isn't for me.

I think what saved Rainbow Moon at the end of the day is that it was free on PS+ back in 2014. I wouldn't have found out about the game if it hadn't been free and I wouldn't be on board for Skies if I hadn't played Moon. PS+ really was Moon's savior. I sure hope EAS knows what they're doing with Skies' upcoming release. I'm sure the game itself will be amazing for those of us who loved Moon, but more people need to be convinced to buy the game in order for it to be considered a financial success. Surely these many years of development were not cheap in any way.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Asimb0mb.

Please sound off if you still visit (to fans) 5 days 8 hours ago #8870

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
Sorry for the late reply on this one. But like you, haven't been on the forums much of late. Just following here and there on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

As for why talk about it? If you don't want to, that is of course your prerogative. But why not? Other games, on other forums, certainly are talked about for months (and sometimes even years) before they are released. I see no reason, for those that are still interested, not to talk about Rainbow Skies here.

Believe me, I can understand the frustration on delays for the game. I have felt the same. First it was end of 2014. Then 2015, then 2016, and now 2017. I would get annoyed, but then remember how small their team is, and recall how clearly they've told us "we will not release the game until it is ready". Honestly, those words are such a breath of fresh air. I wish other companies had that mindset. Instead, they put a release date many months out (even more) and they keep the date, but usually there is now a "Day One" patch, with others to follow. They release the game to make their date, woe to the stability of the game. Bethesda first comes to mind on this.

I would rather they take the time they need to release and make sure it's 'perfect'. Or at least as close to perfect as they can try to.

But I'm digressing on the original point of my thread. There are plenty of things to discuss about the game. Many blog posts have been released giving information. I would love participate in discussions about the information released. Lord knows any time a blog post was released for Skyrim, LoZ: Breath of the Wild, MGS 5, or any other big name title, NeoGAF started up a whole new thread on it and it garnered pages of discussion. Of course I am not expecting that kind of participation here. But I know there are others whom are looking forward to Rainbow Skies, and who also have visited this forum, I see no reason why we couldn't all talk about a game we are looking forward to. :)

But I agree with you, I also hope Skies has better marketing than Rainbow Moon. I think it will make a world of difference on sales. Marketing is expensive, but hopefully they do put some out there. I think some current interviews would help. Maybe we will see some more marketing/interviews with TGS coming up this weekend.

Please sound off if you still visit (to fans) 6 hours 50 minutes ago #8880

• Zeep
  • Fresh Boarder
I used to check every couple of weeks, and now its more like every 6 months.

It's nice to hear about new info like difficulty levels, but am trying to stop myself reading about every little nuance.
Discovering it in game is part of the fun.

Really I'm just keen to get a ball park figure on the release date.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top