Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting closer…

Getting closer… 9 months 2 weeks ago #8675

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,
Hobbun wrote:
But my questions are how long into the main quest will we have access to the NPC to up the difficulty? I would like to be able to bump the difficulty up past Standard as soon as I am able. Or, is there a way to bump the difficulty above Standard, even a little, before starting the game?

That depends on how you play. If you skip all dialogs and only fight the blocking main quest battles, you'll reach that point very early. If not, it might take several hours. When you start a new game, you'll always start with normal difficulty. But it's really well balanced so far. It's not a walk in the park, but it's also not unfair in the beginning. There is no grinding required in the start area but there are many optional side quests available from the beginning.

In RainbowMoon, the hard mode was especially hard in the beginning and we've left many players with the impression of a hardcore grinding game. In fact, it wasn't really so grindy and the difficulty dropped fast, if you kept on crafting and leveling. But this time we want a well polished appeal in the beginning. And of course through the entire game :)

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Getting closer… 9 months 2 weeks ago #8676

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
See, I loved how the Hard mode started out in Rainbow Moon, especially coupled with Adventuresome. No armor, gold or healing items and the Imps hit hard.

There was no “I’m going to take on a second combat before I go back to the Healer”. You needed to heal up after every combat. And then there was that chance you would get no gold in a combat, so when the Healer did start to cost money to use, you really needed to scrimp and save your coins. :) However, I can see why for some that would be frustrating.

Ok, I definitely don’t plan to skip dialogue or fight only main quest monsters, so it will certainly take me longer to get to the NPC. But if it’s only a few hours, I’m ok with that.

I am guessing the beginning will be a bit more grindy for Pro Mode just due to the fact you will need to earn all your gear (not looking for answer/clarification).

Thanks again Marcus for taking the time to answer from your busy schedule!
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Go to top