Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting closer…

Getting closer… 11 months 1 week ago #8669

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I was just wondering for the next update, and with the end of the year coming up, we would maybe see a larger update than normal?

There is a lot I would like to see information on, but especially curious to see more on the difficulty levels. I understand there is going to be a “Pro” and “Casual”, but would love to see more in detail what those actually mean.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Getting closer… 11 months 1 week ago #8670

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobun,

Many thanks for your continuing interest in Rainbow Skies.

There will be definitely more updates in the near future, but can't give you an exact schedule. It's always a lot of work, we have to prepare information, making screenshots and/or videos and EAS must write/layout/prepare the post. Hope that doesn't sound too negative:) We love to keep our fans informed, but especially in the master phase it's just hard to find time for that. Nevertheless, we'll keep posting news of course:)

In the meantime, here are just a few short answers to your questions:

"Casual Mode" and "Pro Mode" (Names are working titles and could be subject to change) are not really difficulties. You can compare this more with the "play styles" from Rainbow Moon. In "Casual Mode" you'll start with some basic gear, some coins and while playing through the main story, there will be several points where you can obtain items for free. "Pro Mode" is more for the people who wants to obtain everything by their own efforts. This setting doesn't affect monster difficulty.

The new difficulty system has also been finished now. You can change the difficulty in the game, once you reach a certain point in the main story. There will be a NPC that allow you to ramp up the difficulty in multiple steps. When you first meet this NPC, you can increase the difficulty by one step. When you win a defined number of battles while playing on this new difficulty, the next difficulty will unlock eventually.

With each difficulty level, monsters and battles are getting harder, but you will obtain a coin bonus at the end of the fight. The amount of this bonus depends on the number of enemies, their levels and the difficulty level you are currently playing on.

If you realize this is getting too hard, you can lower the difficulty any time to 'normal' setting (of yourse you'll then loose the bonus coins), but increasing the difficulty is only possible when you have access to the NPC.

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Getting closer… 11 months 1 week ago #8671

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you so much for answering, Marcus. You always have taken the time to give a good response on my numerous questions during development, even though I know you are very busy, I really do appreciate it. :)

However, if you could please clarify a few things, it would be even more appreciated, as it is extremely important to me in regards what I hope (expect) from Rainbow Skies.

First of all, I am glad to see there will be something similar to the options from Rainbow Moon where you can start with less. I was hoping to see something like that. I know I will definitely be taking the "Pro Mode" option, or whatever you end up calling it.

The difficulty does sound intriguing on how it is being handled on how you can increase it in-game with an NPC. But as I said, there are some aspects I would really appreciate you clarifying as it is very important to me in regards to the game.

First of all, what is the starting difficulty, comparison-wise, to Rainbow Moon? Is it well below even Normal difficulty (from RM)? At Normal or somewhere between Normal and Hard?

Is there one of the difficulties you work up to that is right around the Hard difficulty level from RM? I have found that level to be just right for myself.

And finally, and most important, I just loved how challenging it was to gain coin in Rainbow Moon. You really did need to scrap, save and be smart about spending your money. Between having to buy armor, weapons, skills and expanders and money being hard to come by, you always were saving up for something or multiple things. I just loved it. Even in getting Coin Collector, it didn't make getting coin easy by any means, you still needed to truly save. I found myself still having to save up for items all the way up to the end of post-game, and that was just awesome.

Please tell me that buying items and saving for coin will be similar in Rainbow Skies. The extra coin option (for harder difficulties) is interesting, but it is a bit concerning as I hope it doesn't make buying things easy, or even somewhat easy, in the game. I want it just as challenging as it was in Rainbow Moon.

I know it was a big post, so take your time to answer as I do know you are very busy, but please, I would appreciate some confirmation and assurance on my concerns/questions.

Thank you.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Hobbun.

Getting closer… 11 months 1 week ago #8672

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

Collecting coins is still an essential part in RainbowSkies and there are tons of stuff you can buy at the shops. The coin bonus doesn't really compensate the difficulty, because for harder difficulties you need better equipment. It's just a mechanism to prevent that play time for each battle doesn't explode, but playing on higher difficulties is not more efficient in general. It's just for people who like the extra challenge.

The standard difficulty is normal. There are difficulties comparable to tough (RM), but you can increase the difficulty much higher.
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Getting closer… 11 months 1 week ago #8673

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
That's exactly what I wanted to hear! The much higher than Hard difficulty (from RM) really intrigues me, will need to try that out. But I am glad there are very challenging options, and that coin remains as challening to save for.

Thank you! :)
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Hobbun.

Getting closer… 11 months 1 week ago #8674

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I did want to ask a couple last questions, although they should only need to be quick, short answers. And this is the last I’ll ask, I promise. :) I originally edited the questions into my previous response, however, I am guessing that was a bad idea as it doesn’t show up as a new post and you most likely were not alerted.

But my questions are how long into the main quest will we have access to the NPC to up the difficulty? I would like to be able to bump the difficulty up past Standard as soon as I am able. Or, is there a way to bump the difficulty above Standard, even a little, before starting the game?

Thank you again for taking the time to answer and being so patient. :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top