TOPIC: Strategy guide?

Strategy guide? 1 year 3 months ago #8138

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
This post was brought up right before Rainbow Moon was released:
SideQuestStudios wrote:
Hi Cauthen,

we're glad to have you here:)

Personally I like the idea of a strategy guide, but in fact this strongly depends on sales. So, if the game is well received, everything is possible.

So I’m going to pose the question again, are there any plans for a strategy guide for Rainbow Skies? With how big Rainbow Moon was, and from what I hear Rainbow Skies will be just as big, I know to do a proper strategy guide would be a huge undertaking.

But I wasn’t sure if RM did well enough to justify the cost for a strategy guide. It sold well enough to justify a sequel! Or with the emergence of the guide on wikispaces, is that what we will probably only see for Rainbow Skies?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strategy guide? 1 year 3 months ago #8139

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
So I’m going to pose the question again, are there any plans for a strategy guide for Rainbow Skies? With how big Rainbow Moon was, and from what I hear Rainbow Skies will be just as big, I know to do a proper strategy guide would be a huge undertaking.

But I wasn’t sure if RM did well enough to justify the cost for a strategy guide. It sold well enough to justify a sequel! Or with the emergence of the guide on wikispaces, is that what we will probably only see for Rainbow Skies?

A strategy guide is a lot of upfront work, which makes it quite unlikely considering the size of our team. However we have plans for an official Wiki this time.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Strategy guide? 1 year 3 months ago #8142

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, I thought it was shot in the dark on the guide. :) But it’s good you will have your own Wiki for Rainbow Skies.

When your wiki is established, will you move the information over for Rainbow Moon, as well? From what I understand, wikispaces requires funds now, which is why it was shut down for awhile. To keep it from being shut down again (and paying more money), will you move RM over to your wiki?

Strategy guide? 1 year 3 months ago #8143

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
Yeah, I thought it was shot in the dark on the guide. :) But it’s good you will have your own Wiki for Rainbow Skies.

When your wiki is established, will you move the information over for Rainbow Moon, as well? From what I understand, wikispaces requires funds now, which is why it was shut down for awhile. To keep it from being shut down again (and paying more money), will you move RM over to your wiki?

We are currently paying for the Rainbow Moon wiki and plan to continue paying as long as their are still a good number of active players. The Rainbow Skies wiki will most likely be hosted at Wikia. We will be working on the layout and the first content to give it a more official feel. Hopefully that will get the stone rolling and people will eventually contribute to it. :)
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Strategy guide? 1 year 3 months ago #8144

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea for the Rainbow Skies wiki. I will certainly contribute to it (if it doesn’t take web design knowledge to do so).

But for Rainbow Moon, if there is a time when you decide to stop paying for it, is there any way to move the information over to your own wiki? I would hate to lose that info as it is very useful. And I know with myself, there may be a time, years down the road, where I will play it again.

I am putting it to use again right now as I’m doing another play through. :)

Strategy guide? 1 year 3 months ago #8147

• eastasiasoft
We will look into it when the time has come, we haven't checked if it's possible to migrate from one Wiki to another.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Go to top