Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weird Issue?

Weird Issue? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5966

• Ferag
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone :)

I bought this game a week ago on PSN and I got a weird problem. Here what it is.

I download the game, no problem; made the update to 2.0, no problem. But after I got this message:

"The game need at leat 3000 kb of free storage for file save. The game was forced to quit."

The thing is, my PS3 got 81GB of free space left!

I have tried to download the game again two times and I always got this message. I don't really understand because I'm able to play disc games and save new files without a problem.

Is it because i'm in China on a US Console with a Hong-Kong account? Or maybe because my download speed is slow? :S Or maybe its another kind of storage? :S

I tried to find information online about this storage, but its always about putting new space in the console, which is not my problem.

Do you guys have any clues how I could fix this? :)

Thanks a lot!

A SHMUP fan!
Shmup FTW! XD
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Weird Issue? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5968

• eastasiasoft
  • NOW ONLINE
I am sorry to hear about your problem. It's the first time we are receiving this report. At the moment we aren't sure what could be causing the problem. Could you provide me a little more information please?

1.) What's the total size of your hdd?

2.) Are you using the hdd that was built into the system or did you replace it with a larger capacity one?
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Re:Weird Issue? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5974

• Jresre
  • Fresh Boarder
not sure if this would be relevant but could it have something to do with ps+ online storage

Re:Weird Issue? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5978

• eastasiasoft
  • NOW ONLINE
Jresre wrote:
not sure if this would be relevant but could it have something to do with ps+ online storage
I don't think it's relevant. When the game starts for the first time, it calls a mandatory hdd space check to determine whether there's enough space on the hdd to install the trophies and to create an autosave file.

If you receive back this error but there is enough space, it sounds like there is a hdd failure or maybe an unsupported hdd was placed into the system that is too large. However other games should display a similar error message when they are started for the first time.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Re:Weird Issue? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5981

• Ferag
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! The total of my when I go in My system information is 81/111 GB

This PS3 was a gift from my wife father and its a second hand PS3. I just checked the Serial Number in the back and its: CECH-2001A . The HDD is a 120 GB one. So I don't think its been change :S :S

When my wife got it. I know her and her brother had to delete a lot of demos and shitty stuff. Maybe they should have done a format instead...

Maybe I could use the back up utility to save everything, format the PS3 and try again?

Thanks again for your concern on this matter :)
Shmup FTW! XD

Re:Weird Issue? 5 years 2 weeks ago #5983

• eastasiasoft
  • NOW ONLINE
Ferag wrote:
Maybe I could use the back up utility to save everything, format the PS3 and try again?
Yes, I would recommend that. Backup all important data, format the hdd to restore the system and try again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Go to top