Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rainbow Moon physical version issue

Rainbow Moon physical version issue 1 year 2 months ago #8571

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I just finally received the physical version of Rainbow Moon (through LRG), started it up, and noticed there is short letter-boxing on left and right sides of the screen. Not a lot, probably about an inch and a half on each side. Is this intentional?

All of the information is there, but it isn't taking full use of my TV screen. Rainbow Moon wouldn't be the first PS4 game with letterbox format (although I'm not a huge fan of it in general), but I bring it up as all of the previous versions of Rainbow Moon this is something I did not run into. Even with the digital PS4 version, on this same TV, I do not run into the letterbox format. So I find it a little strange that it is here for the physical version. And I'm not really sure how to resolve it, if I am able to.

Edit: Ok, played with my TV settings a bit. Went to 'Zoom' and adjusted the screen in Rainbow Moon to 'fit' correctly. Although tested it on my digital Rainbow Moon, and due to the Zoom, everything was blown off the screen. I went back to 16:9 and then opened up the physical version of Rainbow Moon and now for some reason it fits the screen fine.

Not really sure what was causing it, but glad it works now, and in the 16:9 format.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rainbow Moon physical version issue 1 year 2 months ago #8572

• eastasiasoft
The screen size is now linked to the settings in the PS4 system menu. You can adjust the visible area there. This is to solve the oversan problem found in the digital release.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Rainbow Moon physical version issue 1 year 2 months ago #8574

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

in your PS4 menu choose Settings->Sound and Screen->Display Area Settings

Adjust the test frame so that it matches 100% with you TV display area.

Restart Rainbow Moon. It should now be rendered in 1:1 mode, with no overscan and no letterbox. And the same is true for most other games.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

Rainbow Moon physical version issue 1 year 2 months ago #8575

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, I did not know it was linked to the system settings in the PS4 now. It is just kind of strange, as the digital version of Rainbow Moon displayed just fine without making any adjustments. It is the physical version I had issues with at first.

But like I said, after going to ‘Zoom’ option on my TV settings, and then going back to ’16:9’, it is displaying (filling the screen) fine. Do you think I should still go into my PS4 settings and do the test frame for the screen?

Rainbow Moon physical version issue 1 year 2 months ago #8577

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

The digital version just ignored the PS4 system settings, which was complained by the Sony quality assurance. That's why we've added the feature and this release is the first version, that contains the new fix. That should explain what you've experienced.

I would definately recommend to properly set your display area with this option. More and more games will handle screen area data properly and you have no disadvantage if a game doesn't use the data at all. It's possible that your TV might 'rescale' the output signal from the PS4 (in case you have a wrong area specified so that the output is zoomed). Modern TVs sometimes can detect such settings and rescale the picture but that won't do the quality any good.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

Rainbow Moon physical version issue 1 year 2 months ago #8581

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Oh, for some reason it didn’t give me a new message update. Missed your response until now.

Ok, so setting this display area through the PS4 settings will affect all games then? It’s not done on a game by game basis? I’m just a bit afraid to mess with it now as the game fits the screen just fine. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: quisuis
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top