Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PS4 Version Screensize

PS4 Version Screensize 1 year 4 months ago #8189

• Jay_rab
  • Senior Boarder
Hi there I seem to be having an issue with the game screen being larger then the tv, I have a 32in tv that is set for 1080, I went into the display area settings in the ps4 settings and made the screen display as small as I could but it seems like its unrelated, is there a way to set the game window size as I didnt see an option while in game and there isnt an option menu when on the main menu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PS4 Version Screensize 1 year 4 months ago #8192

• eastasiasoft
  • NOW ONLINE
Really sorry to hear about that.

Unfortunately for some reason it's no longer allowed to have screen size adjustments in PS4 games, so we had to remove them in the PS4 release. Usually on HD TVs there are settings to adjust the aspect ratio. Sometimes you need to change this to "16:9" or "fit screen". Have you tried that to avoid the overscan problem?
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

PS4 Version Screensize 1 year 4 months ago #8193

• Jay_rab
  • Senior Boarder
eastasiasoft wrote:
Really sorry to hear about that.

Unfortunately for some reason it's no longer allowed to have screen size adjustments in PS4 games, so we had to remove them in the PS4 release. Usually on HD TVs there are settings to adjust the aspect ratio. Sometimes you need to change this to "16:9" or "fit screen". Have you tried that to avoid the overscan problem?

Thanks for the reply, I was honestly just throwing out a prayer and not expecting a "yes! go here" so thanks for just replying, I did try changing it on the tv as well with no results ether the hdmi, the ps4 or a combination of the two are just not allowing it to reduce the also using the tv and switching it to a small 4:3 still cuts off the sides even with huge black bars to each side so I know this is a playstation thing lol.

PS4 Version Screensize 1 year 4 months ago #8210

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Well, this is disappointing to see. For my PS3 Rainbow Moon I had to adjust the screen size in game as it's chopped off on the bottom. And my TV doesn't have the settings to get rid of it (tested the numbers in RM being 0,0).

This is disappointing because I am sure the same issue will apply for Rainbow Skies. :(

PS4 Version Screensize 1 year 4 months ago #8212

• eastasiasoft
  • NOW ONLINE
It appears like the PS4 hardware no longer offers screen scaling, which is why we had to get rid of the option in the PS4 release. Rainbow Skies will still have the option in the PS3 release.

Sony's recommendation is to keep a safe zone but our UI design really only works with using 100% of the screen space. We are currently discussing with Sony how we can find a better solution, so we are definitely aiming to improve this for the PS4 release of Rainbow Skies.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

PS4 Version Screensize 1 year 4 months ago #8218

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, that's good you are trying to improve this for Rainbow Skies. I would prefer to purchase it for the PS4, but I would hate to do so and find out I can't fix my text/information from being cut off the edge of the screen and wasting the purchase for the PS4.

Please let us know ahead of time if you are able to resolve the issue with Sony.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Go to top